Helping people live a healthy later life
My name is Ketyn Jepson and I teach Extend exercise classes in person and online for older people or those with restricted mobility. I am very passionate about helping older individuals to stay as fit, active and healthy as they can be for as long as possible. In 2018 I started my own business, “Extend Your Health”, having worked for Age UK for over 10 years. I qualified as an Extend Exercise Instructor in 2008 and since then have taught sessions to hundreds of older people. My participants tell me the exercises make them feel better both mentally and physically. There has recently been a surge of interest in exercise sessions for over 60s which is a very encouraging sign that more and more older people are embracing later life. Many of my clients are in their 80s and even a few in their 90s!
My aim is to help older people to improve their mobility and to have fun while they do it.
For your free Zoom trial session
I am lucky enough to work closely with the West of England Rural Network (WERN), Age UK (B&NES) as well as the local Physiotherapy and Falls Prevention Teams, the Carer’s Centre Bath and the Parkinson’s Society (B&NES) to ensure that as many older people as possible can access the right exercise sessions.
I am also a fully qualified Reflexologist (Association of Reflexologists 2005) which my clients find to be a very beneficial and relaxing treatment.
- GCSE AQA Human Physiology & Health, 2004
- Level 3 ABC Diploma in Reflexology with The Association of Reflexologists, 2005
- Level 3 Specialist Exercise to Music (Seniors & Reduced Mobility) EXTEND Exercise Training, 2008
- Mental Health First Aid, 2012
- Level 3 City & Guilds Award in Education and Training (Bath College) 2016
- Safeguarding – looking for warning signs and what to do, 2016
- Emergency First Aid at Work, 2020
- Dementia Friend